Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas in Iowa (Wilson)

Part 2 of our adventures in Iowa over Christmas lead us to central Iowa.

On Christmas Eve, my family gathered to celebrate and open gifts.

That night, Christmas Eve Night, my dad read
'Twas the Night Before Christmas'
to all the grandkids like he used to read to use every single year.
 
There were makeovers...
 and baking...
(me and my little sis)


 Uncle Danny showed the kids how to make chocolate milk with the very last few drops of chocolate in the bottle by pouring milk INTO the chocolate syrup bottle and shaking. 

No cup or stirring spoon necessary.

On Christmas day we had our Wilson Christmas with my entire family. It was so great to see everyone as we usually don't come home for Christmas.  

Grandpa Bob and Tyler with their matching hats!

McKenzie and Meridith
  

The Saturday after Christmas, we had another big Christmas with my mom's side. 

I don't know how we all managed to cram into the  photo.

 My dad is a New Year's Baby, so he was turning 60 on the first, so weeks ago, my sisters and brother and I started planning a big surprise party for him.  I think we pulled it off, but we still don't know what mom had to tell him to get him in town to the party.  It was a great night, and I was able to see some family friends I hadn't seen in a very long time!

 One night I managed to make it up to my brother's house to play a very inappropriate card game.
Cards Against Humanity.

It was very entertaining and super fun to hang out with my brother's friends!


New Years Eve I spent with my big sis and her husband and some friends.  We went to a dueling piano bar in Des Moines called Blue Moon. Awesome.
 


 It was a long trip home. Two days of driving. And what's a road trip without someone puking in the back seat just a few hours from home? Yup. Tyler tossed his cookies (raisins actually) coming out of the  mountains. That delayed our arrival time by a good 30 minutes due to clean up. Ick.

That definitely changed the mood, and the smell, for the remainder of the trip.  And to top it off, just 10 miles from home. We hit traffic.  Thank you I95 for never failing to be backed up at random hours of the day.


 We made it home safely and was very thankful for the time we spent with our entire family. The only thing that would have made it complete was to have Nick with us. 


No comments: