Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of School

Well, I survived... this morning we sent off 2 kiddos to school. McKenzie is off to her first day of 7th grade. And Trevor to Kindergarten...

McKenzie leaves 45 minutes earlier, so don't worry, I DID send Trevor to school with shoes... I just had to grab him quick from his breakfast to have a 'group' photo before Kenzie ran out the door. Some friends were waiting for her outside the door, so you can imagine how embarressing this was for her.
Then it was time to walk down to the bus stop for the elementary bus.... Trevor was so excited! He was up early asking me if it was time to wake up for school yet.... (not yet Trevor)....

We met a new family that just moved in up the street from us. They have 8, count them, 8 kids! So of course, when they come walking down the sidewalk with 5 kids in tow, who's the kid that yells out "WHOA! That's a lot of kids!!!!" ..... Trevor.

Here comes the bus!
He was so excited to take his lunch too!
Going... going....
(he did stop and wave back to me before going up the bus steps)
Gone.

And there were no tears!!! Yay me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are growing up so fast!
Julie S.