Monday, May 30, 2011

New York City- Day 1

My mom and my two sisters decided to take a trip to New York City for a girls weekend.  I flew up from DC, and they flew in from Des Moines and we met at the airport!
Mom thought the difference between my sister Angie's suitcase (aka carry on) and my huge luggage was hysterical.... Sorry, I've got to have options!
 We started our trip with our maiden voyage in a Taxi!


We checked into our hotel, the Marriott Courtyard on 40th Street.
 We were on the 30th floor, and this was our view... office buildings!
We headed out to Time Square to check out the area...
...and we stopped to get a bite to eat at a great little diner called USA Brooklyn American Grill
We had a great waiter who told us the ins and outs of NYC... and recommended some great food:






Then we walked around some more and stopped in M&M World...



Later on we got dressed up and headed to a show on Broadway.

"The Million Dollar Quartet"...
or as Angie referred to it... "The Magic Million Dollar 5"
It was very entertaining!!!

Afterward, we headed to an Irish Pub for a night cap...

 We had delicious Cappuccino Martinis...

when we returned to our hotel, and got to our floor, mom said to us.. "Why don't you each stand in front of an elevator door and I'll take your picture"... but we got a little more creative with that... that's all I'll say about that.
It was a good day!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Okay, I'm a little behind. Just read your blog post. Too funny about the suitcases. And LOVE the photos by the elevators. With as much as you guys had to drink and eat though, I'm a bit surprised by the upside down Angie.

Alaina said...

Oh yay! I've been waiting for the NYC posts! (I'm just a little behind in my blog reading.)