Saturday, February 14, 2009

Grandparent's Day Celebration at Preschool

Friday was Grandparent's Day at Trevor's preschool. Even though it's officially a day celebrated in September, they wanted to make this Valentine's Day extra special for their Grandparents. Giving them 2 big days a year! And, since we don't have any grandparents on the island, I got to stand in!

The morning started off with a little singing concert in the chapel.

"SING PHRASES"


"IT'S ME"


"SKIDDA MARINK A DINK A DOO"


After the songs, we all split up and went around to different craft stations. We started off making wrist bands:


Then it was on to bookmarks:


The next station was cookie decorating.


Testing to see how it turned out...

Trevor said to me..."Mom, do NOT take my picture!" So I said, "Ok, I'll take a picture of your friend across the table decorating HIS cookie!"
When I uploaded these pictures on the computer to show him...he saw I had taken a picture of him when he told me not to. His exact response: "MOM HOW COULD YOU!!!!!"

The last station we did was decorate picture frames, but we were both so involved, I forgot to take any pictures!!!! It was fun to spend a little one on one time with Trevor. We had a great morning together!

2 comments:

Ladners'Latest said...

Yeah, Mom! How could you :) that's funny!

Jim and Julie Turner said...

These videos and pics were adorable! So glad Nick gets to see this stuff too!! LOL at the "Mom, how could you" line! He's pretty sharp!