Saturday, December 18, 2010

Snowman on a Sunny Day & Christmas Cookies

With Friday being another snow day (although I just don't understand why), the kids woke up wanting to go outside and play in the snow.  Addison backed out last minute, but Trevor was ready to go make a snowman... especially since I mentioned it would be the perfect snow to make a snowmen. The sun was out and the snow was slowly, dare I say it... melting!

I have a snowman kit complete with button eyes, a carrot nose, coal mouth, pipe and stocking cap. So I told Trevor to come get it when his snowman was ready.  A couple minutes later he came in, upset. The snow wasn't sticky enough to make a snowman. So I said, try to make a bigger snowball, then roll that around.  He wasn't out there more than 3 minutes before he came back in asking for the kit....

 Yes, the sun was hot that day.... but this is how "Frosty" started out.
We ran out to see this wonderful snowman... he was so proud.

Later on that afternoon, my friend Nina stopped by to help bake and decorate some Christmas cookies!  We made sugar cookies and gingerbread cookies.  The kids put sprinkles on the cookies after we frosted them.  Addison ate more sprinkles than what she put on the cookies, and with all her finger licking, I promised Nina I wouldn't make her take home any of Addison's candy cane cookies!

Tyler kept his eyes on the cookies in the oven to make sure I didn't over bake them!
Then I let the kids decorate one more before bedtime. Go figure Trevor picks the giant gingerbread man... he managed to eat his legs and body, but left the head and arms for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ladners'Latest said...

What fun! I love snow...and cookies :)