Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh Addison...

Addison goes to a morning out program at our church 2 times a week.  She usually loves it! There are only a few days that she may not want me to leave her there, but it always ends up being a positive experience for her.  She is soon over her tears and playing with her friends and learning colors and shapes!!!

Today was her teacher's last day.  Her family is military and they are being relocated to North Carolina!  Addison wanted to bring something special to school for her, so I made a little cookie bouquet for her to give to her teacher.

I had to convince her to let ME hold it on the way to school, and then she very carefully walked into her classroom carrying her special treat!  Her teacher loved it! Addison was so proud!

I attached a card that read: "Thank you for helping me BLOOM"


The last half hour of the day, they had a surprise party for the teacher, and all the parents came back and had a little going away party for Miss Jeanine.  As we left, she hugged all her little students and gave them a little card with a picture of them with her.

Here's where it gets interesting.... it came to be Addison's turn to leave, and Miss Jeanine comes up to me with this funny grin on her face... "oh boy".... I said.

She hands me the picture while saying with a sigh, "This is how I will remember Addison.  We love her personality... we call this her look of LOVE".

I had no words.

They (all the helpers) just smiled and laughed and said how much fun Addison is, and how they love all the faces she makes... exhibit A, above.  I guess I'm glad she is able to provide them with a spicy little personality for their entertainment?!?

On that note... to prove that she is not just a grumpy girl, I took a quick video of Addison dancing along with DANCING WITH THE STARS the other day.  She said to me, "Mommy, can you get me that dress...PLEEEEEASE   She was referring to the string of sequins they called a dress on one of the professional dancers.  She had to make due with a cute little sequined skirt from her dress up stash!


And again....


And last but not certainly least... I got the movie BURLESQUE  a while back and we must have watched it at least 3 or 4 times in 2 days because Addison loved all the music and dancing.... 

 

6 comments:

Ginny said...

She is going to grow up to be a dancer for SURE!!! Keep these videos and she will love seeing them when she turns 20.

Grant said...

That picture was too funny! Typicall addi, huh? :)

Krista said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

OMG I'm off to shop for her.... we need to get her a top hat and cane

smooches

aunt Liz

Erin said...

OMG! That was hilarious! It was so sweet! I don't know how you kept the camera still. She did so good on the first one and then the second one was priceless! She was "shaking her booty" as Maggie would say! It was great!
Erin

Ladners'Latest said...

Funny! That's what I look like while I watch DWTS! :)