Monday, April 6, 2009

Spring Break is Officially Over!!!

*I AM WITHOUT MY LAPTOP FOR A WEEK OR SO WHILE IT IS GETTING REPAIRED, SO I AM USING MERIDITH'S IN THE MEANTIME. SORRY ABOUT THE LACK OF BLOG POSTS. POSTING PICS IS A LITTLE TRICKIER.


The kids went back to school today! Yay! The weather wasn't exactly as cooperative as I would have liked these past 2 weeks, so we didn't go to the beach as much. We did go to the water park with a few others and had a great time! The Trammell family joined us as well as Julie Svatek. We picnic'd out in the parking lot at lunch time since you can't bring in any outside food or drinks (and the food they offer is outrageously expensive and greasy). Then we headed back in to play the rest of the afternoon.

Addison loved just walking around the kiddie pool. She would chase after floating leaves.

The kids got warn out near closing time, so while we waited for McKenzie and her friend Katelyn to come back, they all warmed up and took a rest on the lounge chairs with Meridith.

The kids played outside in the backyard between rain showers. Trevor rigged up a new ride for Addison so he can push her around the lanai. She loves it. (It's my laundry sorter)

Addison also figured out how to get on the battery operated 4 wheeler of Trevor's.....and yes, she can even push the pedal and cruise down the yard...by herself! I have video that I will post soon.


Saturday morning, my friend Lesley and her sister ran the Ford Island 10K. So we got to play with her 7 month old Daniel for a few hours! It was a good test run for Addison, having a 'baby' around who was smaller than her. She did surprisingly well. The first few minutes when I held him, she looked at me with a grimace and was not happy, but as soon as I put him down, she sat right next to him. She brought him toys, and quickly put his binky back in his mouth when it fell out.


He was such a good baby, and we hope he comes over to play again soon!

Updates on Nick coming soon. Not much to report right now. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Lesley said...

Too funny--when I scrolled down, I was like, "That baby looks really familiar. Oh, it's Daniel!"

Thanks again for watching him. He was one tired pal when we got home so he took good naps all day long. Too many new toys to play with at your house!

Jim and Julie Turner said...

You guys always make us smile with all that you do! And Trevor is SUCH a good brother taking care of his little sister! :)

Ladners'Latest said...

Man! I hate it when I miss the water park :)