Monday, August 2, 2010

Cass Lake, MN Part 1

After three days of road tripping, 1,350 miles, 23+ hours of driving (3 of those hours driving through Chicago), 2 nights in a hotel, numerous potty stops... we arrived at Sunset Cove in Cass Lake, Minnesota. The annual vacation spot for the entire Wilson family. Our last trip there was back in 2006, and we were itching to finally get back up there after 4 years away!

I kid you not, within 5 minutes of our arrival, my nephew Dylan had changed into his Power Ranger costume and had one in hand for Trevor as well...The lake was calm and the sun was out. It was just how I remembered it in it's most beautiful state!
My sister Angie & Tyler soaking up the sun...


Nick & Jeromy brought over a paddle boat for the kiddos to toodle around in...
But not before we had a little fun in it first...
The kids all piled in and paddled around the docks...
Addison didn't even bother changing into her swimsuit before getting in the water.
My grandpa's boat that he figured he'd had for over 40 years now... and we joked that it has been the most dependable boat over the years!!!! This year we had 5 boats between everyone. There was a total of 36 family members in attendance this year!!!
My brother took Madison & McKenzie for a boat ride in his boat...
Tyler and Nick were both shot before the day was over...
Day 2 called for some skiing. My sister Angie started us off...
The water was perfect for skiing. Smooth as glass!
My Aunt Ginny showed us how it was done on one ski!
And me, being a little rusty after not skiing for 4 years, fell twice before getting up... but it did make Addison laugh each time I fell...
And after a pep talk from my 5 year old nephew Dylan "Aunt Kim, you need to hang on really really really tight.".......
I finally made it up!

Addison, my spotter...
After skiing, we did a little tubing....
Trevor was so brave to go on it with Dylan & Jeromy.
And after a short ride, Trevor got off and let Dylan and Jeromy get a little crazy.
Monday night, we had our first big family feast: Iowa Pork Chops & Iowa sweet corn... and other delicious assortments... I'm not sure if dad was lifting his drink as a tribute to the feast, or if he needed a refill?
Mom & Dad brought up this 'mosquito tent' for the kids to play in that Nick assembled in under 60 seconds...
Some of us enjoying our fabulous meal...
We filled over 3 picnic tables, and maxed out all our camping chairs...

My sweet Tyler

I caught Addison standing off in the weeds after supper.... then I realized she was peeing... Nick took her inside for a change of clothes...And Danny enlightened us all with a reenactment... It was hilarious!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Those pictures of Tyler are so cute - he's looking so grown up

Ginny said...

I swear--I had no idea you were taking so many photos Kim. I was already feeling sad about being gone from the lake--but this really did it. So many great times. Thanks for capturing them and putting them on your blog.
And I agree--the photos of Tyler, especially the ones on the beach are awesome.
And thanks for my skiing photo.