Sunday, August 22, 2010

Iowa State Fair

On our last day in Iowa, I took the kids to the state fair with my mom and sister Meridith.

Left to Right: Tyler Trevor McKenzie Addison
One of the first things we did was stand in line to see the butter cow and butter Dr. Suess' Green Eggs and Ham.
Then we spotted the Big Slide, so McKenzie and Trevor ventured up the 106 steps to go down the bumpy slide.

They are together on the far right.

And then to my surprise, or maybe not, Addison wanted to go as well, so she and I rode down together.

We are on the far left at the top bump.
We saw lots of "Biggest"'s at the fair...
Biggest Pumpkin weighing in at 1,323 lbs.
then ran through a viney tunnel.
Cooled off in the water shooting sidewalk...

Then continued on to see the biggest bull.
and the biggest boar "Big D" weighing in at 1,212 lbs.

and then a stop by the WORLD'S SMALLEST COW!
and last but not least, a mental note for the future. I sent this picture to Nick telling him we should plan on getting one of these contraptions... only he can pull ME!
Isn't the state fair fun?!?!

1 comment:

Ladners'Latest said...

Kim, I think your head is missing from that fist pic :)