Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

I got a gingerbread house kit for the kids to do together. There was Santa's House and a Toy Shop. McKenzie and Hannah did the Toy Shop....
 Dylan and Trevor did Santa's House...
 With minimal assistance from me...
 And Addison... their taste tester.

 The boys showing off their completed project.
 and their muscles...
 Addison taking a bite out of the house...
 Dylan eating his half of the roof...
 Trevor and his rooftop....
 The girls showing off their completed project...
 and taking a bite out of it...
 Everyone eating their artwork.
 The aftermath... but it was TOTALLY WORTH IT!
The kits ALWAYS taste terrible, so next year I'll do my best to make our gingerbread houses from scratch.

3 comments:

Ladners'Latest said...

How fun! Speaking of making your own. I saw some gingerbread baking molds the other day...somewhere?

Melissa @ Miso Crafty Knits said...

The kids look like they had a load of fun!!

I keep telling myself that I'm going to bake a house from scratch...yeah...I don't think it'll ever happen. I've seen how you can bake though, so I'm positive you'll do a fantastic job!

Ginny said...

Just so I'm clear...does it require that you take off your shirts in order to build gingerbread houses?