Monday, November 29, 2010

Horseback Riding

McKenzie and I stopped by Nick's brother and sister-in-law, Jim and Julie's, for a couple hours on our way to Des Moines Friday afternoon to ride their horses.

Julie had the horses ready to ride when we showed up! McKenzie was so excited to get to ride again.

McKenzie & Brandy


 Julie on Charmer as McKenzie got on Brandy
 My turn on Brandy! Since it was so cold outside, we rode in the barn... which was slightly less cold!
 McKenzie

Me being a dork as I got off the horse...
 Julie showing me how to get the horse to walk sideways... super fun!

 And I even got to jump
 that is... if I could get her to trot long enough!

 McKenzie helped take off the saddle when we were done.

Thank you so much Jim and Julie for letting us ride the horses for a little bit! We both had a BLAST! (Sore butts the next day and all!) Can't wait to do it again (when it's warmer!)

We cleaned up quick and headed on to Des Moines to meet my Mom, two Sisters and niece to see Mary Poppins.  It was a great night! (minus Mom's car getting broke into during the show...no worries, no damages or anything stolen. I think the thief was looking for cash or valuables, which neither were left in the car) But we made the most of it and laughed a lot that night.

No comments: