Saturday, January 17, 2009

I'm Trading In My Van for an Ambulance

Today was Molly's turn to go to the doctor (aka vet). Last night we noticed she was limping. We checked her paws and noticed her front paw was all red and swollen underneath. She was licking it like crazy. We didn't see a sticker or a thorn anywhere, so we took her into the vet this morning to get it checked out.

It was obviously infected, so they soaked it, wrapped it, threw a plastic cone collar on her head so she wouldn't chew off her bandage, and gave her an antibiotic shot. A "few" dollar bills later, and some instructions for the take home medicine, we were back home.

Addison and Trevor both laughed when they saw her come in the door. Poor Molly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim your posts are always so funny .....that's not to say I don't feel bad for miss molly but, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw the pic;o)) Hang in there doc!Sara

Jim and Julie Turner said...

Poor, Molly. Boy you guys sure have had a string of medical missions lately haven't you? Here's to hoping this is the last of the doctor's visits!!
Jim & Julie

Lesley said...

Don't tell Molly, but I laughed at her, too! Something about those collars just cracks me up.

Ladners'Latest said...

I personally like her bandange, but yes, I laughed too!

Anonymous said...

oh poor baby!