Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update on Nick

I got a phone call this morning from Nick! They made it to Maine. They flew straight through and are refueling and getting a new crew before heading to Germany.

I commented on how that must have been a pretty long flight, but he responded: "Well, it wasn't too bad, I got to move up to first class!!!!" He sounded pretty excited about that. I guess if you have to fly halfway across the world, first class is the way to do it!

He said he was able to sleep ok and had called on a cell phone that they provided the squadron with in the USO room so that they could call home while they waited to take off again.

It was nice to hear from him. I like to know where he is and where he is headed next.

I'll keep you all posted when I hear from him again!

2 comments:

Jim and Julie Turner said...

Thanks for the update Kim. We all like to know too, so thanks for thinking of us!

Anonymous said...

he called me too Kim and Mom as well, oh so nice to have an 800 #! :)