Saturday, July 11, 2009

Trevor's 1st Soccer Game

Trevor had his first soccer game this morning. It rained all morning up until we got to the field, then the sun came out and it was HOT and MUGGY! Trevor's team missed out on the first 2 weeks of practice due to not having a coach, then once we got one, we had a couple practices cancelled (why, I don't know) but I think the kids had a good time chasing the ball nonetheless!

Trevor's #1 Fan
Thanks to Julie, Gina & Helen for coming out and cheering on Trevor too!
Trevor is #1 on the green team. I felt sorry for the boys on the pink team. Of all the colors for a uniform?! They looked cute on the girls, though! It took up until about the last quarter until the kids finally figured out what they were supposed to be doing....
Trevor looking back at the camera, probably because I was screaming, I mean, cheering!


He got to throw the ball in bounds a couple times... played a little defense...
And even had a few good runs down the field with the ball.
At the end of the game, there were 6 goals made. All in the pink team's goal box, BUT... if you count the goals made by each team, they tied.... ha ha! (Trevor being one of them, but, I'm pretty sure he was trying to kick it away from the goal when it went in!) However, his teammate who made the other two goals for the pink team clearly thought he had scored for HIS team! He jumped up and down and celebrated. It was too cute!



Until next Saturday!

1 comment:

Ladners'Latest said...

Yay Trevor! I hate we missed it. (next week) Oh and I was totally screaming and cheering while I watched the video!