Monday, March 9, 2009

Addison's 15 Month Checkup

Addison had her 15 month check up today! Can you believe it?! I know I can't. She has been battling a runny nose and cough for a few days, and a low grade temp on top of that.... so I went in assuming we'd have to bypass the MMR vaccination today. Which we did.

The P.A. checked Addison's ears just in case, and sure enough, DOUBLE EAR INFECTION. They weren't "terrible" but enough to need to treat. Then, with a listen of the lungs, they contemplated upper respiratory infection....but decided that with the Amoxicillin, it would hopefully take care of the ears AND the lungs. So... if that wasn't enough, I had to mention her little white 'thrushy' rash in her mouth. Yep, we'd need to take some drugs for that too! No more bottles at naptime or bedtime, which I completely know better, but sometimes, when I have had one of those days...a couple ounces at bedtime makes things so much easier. But now I am paying... Shame on me, I know.

Poor Addi....what a 'checkup'!!!! We'll go back in 2 weeks to see how she's doing! I hope things will have long passed by then.

So with McKenzie's run in with "uku's" at school on Friday, Addison's multiple diagnosis at the doctor, I'm just waiting for Trevor to come down with the plague and I'll be set!

No comments: