Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Day...

My super fabulous and wonderful husband surprised me with an afternoon at the spa for my 28th birthday! It's amazing what he can do when he's in Iraq! He set up for me to do an aromatherapy body wrap, pedicure and manicure! It....was.....fabulous!!!

I made sure it was safe for me to get the wrap. After a massage of tranquil aromas, I was covered in layers of blankets, plastic and heating pads. It was not HOT, but cozy warm...and the baby LOVED IT....kicking during the massage. I got to lay in a dark relaxing room for a while and just enjoy the soft island sounds playing in the background. Then, it was off to the shower room with jets that shot in every direction! And steam.... then it was off to get the nails done!

After 3 hours, I was headed home! It was an amazing afternoon which I wish could happen more often, but kudos to my great friend Julie for hanging with the kiddos for me while I was at the spa! Julie, you are the best! Thank you!!!

I made some birthday cookies for McKenzie's teacher last night too, her birthday was the 10th. She is always hinting to McKenzie about cookies...

2 comments:

Ladners'Latest said...

Happy Birthday (again)! I'm glad you enjoyed your spa day.

Jim and Julie Turner said...

HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY, KIM!! So glad to hear you had such a wonderful day!! What a great surprise from Nick!! :)