Wednesday, May 6, 2009

HALFWAY!!!

Today marks the halfway point of the deployment! 3 1/2 months down!!! 3 1/2 months to go! I feel like I should be more excited, but when I think about it, it seems like the homecoming should be so much closer than this!

Unfortunately, I feel like the worst part of the deployment is yet to come. Since their move to Afghanistan from Iraq, we haven't been able to communicate with Nick as often. I guess when you are used to getting daily emails and frequent phone calls, or even Skype calls, it helps pass the time and put you at ease.

Now I get an email every few days, sometimes just simple one liners stating he's been busy but wanted to check in. And I'm lucky to get a phone call once a week. Reality check. He's at war.

Nothing new to report since my last "Nick Update" but I'll have some news to share in the near future. Continue to pray for Nick and his squadron. Let's hope the 2nd half of their deployment goes as good as the first half!

1 comment:

Jim and Julie Turner said...

AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!
jim & julie