Sunday, May 3, 2009

Heard From Nick (sort of)

i was playing around with the background on the blog, and in doing so, lost all my sidebar gadgets. So, I am slowly trying to add them back on! Sorry! I did just post some ideas for Nick's care packages....the ones I could remember.

This week I haven't heard much from Nick. They had their outgoing communications shut down for a couple days after an incident that happened in the country. Nothing to do with the Uglies. He is still able to receive emails, but can not get anything OUT. No phone, email or internet. It's just protocol until families can be notified when something happens to the troops out there.

I did get a quick email last night saying he was "still alive" and just really busy. He has been flying a lot lately, and mentioned the temps were extremely hot! The other day he said the thermometer outside the tent (where he works) was 130 degrees. He said, "Now I am sure it really wasn't THAT hot, but it had to have been close!!!!" Can you imagine? But he's been so busy, he said he hasn't had any trouble falling asleep. So that is good. I always worry he isn't sleeping good enough on those "oh so comfortable" cots!

He is on duty tomorrow so he should be able to catch up on some emails and hopefully call! If he does, I'll be sure to throw out another update to you all!

Thanks for all your emails, thoughts and prayers! Nick said to keep the emails coming. Although he may not always be able to email you back right away, nothing makes his day like getting emails from friends and family!!!! He said when he DOES have the time to sit at the computer, he enjoys hearing from you all!

No comments: