Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

Today a few of the girls came over for hamburgers and hot dogs. We had a huge spread of delicious food, and I have to admit, I'm glad there were leftovers! Big thanks out to Julie for taking on the task of "Grillmaster".

The morning was nice, but about noon, the rains came, and brought on some humidity... so we didn't get the kids in the pool. But they had fun anyways.

From Left to Right:
Julie Svatek, Catherine Delara, Krista Cronkright,
Kristina Attwood & Me

Abigail Cronkright & Trevor jammin' to some music on the TV

We were lucky enough to witness what I think was the flyby for the Memorial Service just up the road at the cemetery. 4 Chinooks flew over about 2:30.

And I can't believe we actually succeeded in a group picture with all of the kids.


The Turner clan

It was great to get together with some of the girls and hang out for the afternoon. The kids also enjoyed themselves! We all miss our husbands (and Daddy's) so much, but appreciate their hard work and sacrifice. And we also remember and are grateful to all of those who have made the ULTIMATE sacrifice so that we can have our freedom.

I hope you all had a safe and happy Memorial Day.

1 comment:

Ladners'Latest said...

So much fun! Can I photoshop myself in? :)