Thursday, June 4, 2009

Sweetcorn

Trevor always asks me to get sweetcorn at the commissary. I did once a year or so ago and it was AWFUL!!! So I swore I'd never buy it again out here. Because NOTHING beats Iowa Sweetcorn! Well, I broke down last week and bought a small pack of 4 ears, and surprised Trevor with it for supper the other night. Surprisingly, it wasn't too bad!

I forgot to post the videos. I thought some of you would enjoy their reaction.

It was also Addison's first experience eating corn on the cob!

If you listen real close, you can hear Trevor going "mmm mmm mmm" as he eats the corn.... just like he did when he first had it at Grandma and Grandpa Turners a few years ago! And it's also the quietest its been in a long time at the dinner table!



It took a little bit for Addison to get it figured out, but I think she liked it!

2 comments:

Lesley said...

I love Kahuku sweet corn from the farmer's market!

Ladners'Latest said...

Good call Lesley. I was just about to say there's a stand on the side of the road in Kahuku with AWESOME corn!