Thursday, June 18, 2009

Today...

This week has flown by so far! Today, however, was exhausting!!!

McKenzie started us out with morning shots! Going into 6th grade requires her to have 4 shots + a PPD test (for tuberculosis). She was a trooper getting two puncture wounds in each arm, and one in her forearm. She got a little pale at first, but no passing out! Yay!

Then we rushed to my 33 week doctor appointment. Whoops; we were a little late, and my blood pressure was a little high, but after explaining to the nurse my morning.... she was sure my blood pressure was no concern. So, why is it when you are running late that you get stuck at each red light, and get behind each slow car on the way???? Only to get to the parking lot and get stuck in a slow crawl of cars all wanting that LAST parking spot!!!! Ugh! So, my stress and hurrying caused my little BP to go up just a wee bit.

All is well with baby! Back again in 2 weeks! Then it's weekly visits after that until the big arrival!

Lunch time came and went, the kids were annoying each other. My attempt at a nap on the couch was interrupted several times until I just gave up. Trevor came up to me and says "Mommy, are you awake now?" I just looked at him, "Does it look like mommy's awake? Was mommy ever really asleep?"

He and McKenzie made a paper chain for how many days until Daddy comes home. I thought it would be a fun project for them to do (while I was supposed to be napping) and help Trevor understand the length of time we have yet until the big day. Obviously, I had to guess a little on the return date. When they were done, they held up their finished product all proud, and what did I do? On the outside I smiled and told them what a great job they did.... on the inside, I cried.... is there REALLY that many days left still!!! It was a bit depressing. (Bad Idea) So, it now hangs in our doorway to the living room and they get to rip a link off each day.

Notice it is tripled up along the wall.. (boo hoo)

Then the phones started ringing... and don't get me wrong, it was great catching up with those who called (Sherree!) and I even got to chat on Skype! All while "trying to" control my screaming kids! But what I was needing to do was GO TO THE COMMISSARY!!!!! Walking out the door, finally, one last phone call! GOD BLESS GINA for calling and asking us over for burgers. It ended up turning out to be a "here's my kids... I'm off to the commissary" but never have I been in and out of the commissary so fast! So THANK YOU GINA for feeding my kids while I ran some errands. YOU ROCK! Next time, I'll grill (or McKenzie will) and YOU can get a break!

Nick called yesterday!!!! They finally have 2 phones now, which sometimes work! I was able to talk to him for quite a while! It had been 2 weeks since we last talked. I was beginning to forget what his voice sounded like!!! They are doing as well as can be expected... the heat was rising, but they keep on keeping on! He sounded good and said he would be on day shift a couple more weeks yet. I wish he would get switched to nights so that he can get a break already!!! Oh well. He thanks everyone for the recent care packages!

Finally home tonight and got the kids put away and the groceries in bed (tee hee)! To bed with me too! GOOD NIGHT!

1 comment:

Krista said...

That's funny because we (well I) made a paper chain soon after Wil left and it was so huge and depressing to look at, but now it's really tiny compared to what it was so I actually like looking at it.